October 01, 2014
AARP Health Innovation Frontiers
AARP recently released a report called "Health Innovation Frontiers: Untapped Market Opportunities for the 50+" in which they discuss the potential for entrepreneurs, investors and others in the private sector to market to those ages 50 and older leading healthy lives.
According to the report, the 50+ demographic is responsible for more than $70 trillion in annual economic activity, from consumer spending and health maintenance to charitable giving. As it stands, the majority of marketing efforts to the Baby Boomer generation is oriented toward sickness and treatments rather than healthy living and prevention. It's time to tap into the "healthy living" market.
Healthspek is among the group of businesses AARP recognizes as leading the efforts to promote healthy living and prevention to the 50+ demographic, and Healthspek is praised for providing features such as reminder solutions and care records and expense management.
Read more about the untapped potential and learn what other companies are doing to break into the market in the full report here:
- Entrepreneur of the Week: Randy Farr, Healthspek, Co-Founder & CEO—The Longevity Network
- HealthIT: Brentwood-based Healthspek eyes $1.5MM Series A capraise—Venture Nashville Connections
- Consumer Health Platform Healthspek Launches Precision Medicine—Yahoo! Finance
- Consumer Health Platform Healthspek Launches Precision Medicine—BusinessWire
- Must-Have Gear For Traveling With Kids—Daily Parent